Simple Definition Of Integrity
- The quality of being honest and fair
- The state of being complete or whole
Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality
Integrity—more than simple honesty, it’s the key to success. A person with integrity has the ability to pull everything together, to make it all happen no matter how challenging the circumstances. Drawing on experiences from his work, Dr. Henry Cloud, a clinical psychologist, leadership coach, corporate consultant and nationally syndicated radio host, shows how our character can keep us from achieving all we want to (or could) be.
In Integrity, Dr. Cloud explores the six qualities of character that define integrity, and how people with integrity:
Integrity means following your moral or ethical convictions and doing the right thing in all circumstances, even if no one is watching you. Having integrity means you are true to yourself and would do nothing that demeans or dishonors you.
Go here to Buy the Book, Type In “The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality”
How to Have Everyday Integrity
- Keep your promises even if it takes extra effort.
- Go back to a store and pay for something you forgot to pay for.
- Never betray a friend’s trust even if you get in trouble.
- Inform the cashier he gave you too much change back.
- Do not gossip or talking badly about someone.
- Remain true to your spouse or partner.
- When in a serious relationship, don’t keep secrets from each other.
- Return money that you noticed someone dropped without expecting a reward.
- Ignore someone’s advice on how to cheat on your taxes and not get caught.
- Do not let someone else take the blame for something you did.
- If someone gives you confidential information, never tell anyone what you know.
- When it is obvious to you a relationship is over, don’t drag it out but discuss it openly.
Integrity in the Workplace
- Work when you are supposed to and save socializing, snacking, searching the Internet and personal phone calls for break time.
- Turn in the extra change you found in the soda or snack vending machine.
- Show respect to coworkers with appropriate conversation and empathy.
- If you are in management, keep your employees informed so they will know what is coming and what needs to be done.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Be responsible. Do what you say you will do.
- Use materials for work and not personal use.
- If you make a mistake and a team’s project gets messed up or you miss a deadline, own up to your mistake. Don’t let teammates take the fall.
- Work together as a team. This builds trust and shows integrity.
- Never steal supplies from the workplace.
- If you find yourself in a conflict of interest, get out of it as soon as possible.
- Don’t accept praise of acclaim for someone else’s work. That includes stealing someone’s idea or pretending to have worked on a successful project.
- When making a business deal, make sure everything is on the table and nothing was left out.
- If your company asks you to do something against your personal code of conduct, refuse. If it means losing a good paying job, so be it. Find a more ethical company to work for.
Integrity in Quotes
- “Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.” – W. Clement Stone
- “Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Perhaps the surest test of an individual’s integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect.” – Thomas S. Monson
- “One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised.” – Chinua Achebe
- “You are in integrity when the life you are living on the outside matches who you are on the inside.” – Alan Cohen
Remember, understanding the actions caused by integrity starts with knowing what is important and holding fast to that idea, even when it is not convenient or to your benefit.
If you receive value from this post, or video, please leave us a favorable comment and share our content on social media.
PSS… Want the inside Scoop of how the Pro’s Made Millions in their Own Business? Learn from History and Apply it to your Business for
Success Today… Take a look and Master the Mindset!