4 Top Leaders Inspiring Quotes
How do inspiring quotes make you feel? Today blog post, I’m going talk about the quotes from four top leaders.
- Sir Winston Churchill
- Norman Vincent Peale
- Maya Angelou
- Jim Rohn
As most people do that are serious about business, I love to read inspirational quotes and study leaders of the past. I hope that you find it as inspiring as I do when I look at the hard work and dedication these instrumental leaders contributed to our society. This is one of the aspects that makes me admire their fortitude to achieve great success.
Fact is, knowing that they faced adversity, and challenges but they also learned to persevere in times of difficulty is Inspirational! Not only did they persevere but they also learned to thrive in these times as well. I found in times of trial, as we fight tooth and nail to gain our advantage it is often easy to lose sight of the big picture, the vision that started us on this journey. That’s a Huge Mistake! Don’t make it!
Let’s review these or quotes from famous leaders of the past
“It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link of the chain of destiny can be handled at a time.” — Sir Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill, one of the greatest leaders of all time, said it was a mistake to look too far ahead. When I consider this quote, and reflect upon it, I see two aspects to consider.
- Do not negate the importance of a plan
- Do not negate the importance of working that plan in the proper steps.
I think it’s important to plan out your business in a systematic fashion, but what’s more important is that you focus on the task at hand until it’s complete, and then you focus all your energy on the next step. Each step in your business plan, requires your full focused attention.
“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” — Norman Vincent Peale
Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, was quoted as saying, believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
The importance of believing in yourself cannot be understated. For it is your dreams, that form your vision, and your vision prompts you to develop your business plan, or the plan for your life. Your mindset, is instrumental in the carrying out of the plan. That’s why it’s important that you believe in yourself.
These are the tips I got from this quote that I believe will help you.
- Believe in yourself
- Have faith in your abilities
- Develop your confidence
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” — General George S. Patton
Gen. Patton, one of the greatest generals to serve our nation’s military. The general was quoted as saying: never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
There is much that can be learned by this straightforward and simple quote. Often I find in life that people want to impress you with what they know instead of giving you the opportunity to show what you know. In all my many years of personal military service, I found that people were eager to surprise me. People were eager to impress me, and to show me the good stuff they were made of.
As part of giving orders, I had no problem telling people what to do, but it was far more important to allow them to use their ingenuity to determine how to do it.
To allow people to use their ingenuity, fuels their passion! And passion is a powerful emotion!
Two points to help you from this great quote by General Patton
1. Stop, stand back, let others excel
2. Don’t be too damn bossy!
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
Maya Angelou, was born in St. Louis Missouri on April 4, 1928. Maya, was an American author, a poet, and even a civil rights activist. During her life she published several autobiographies, including three books essays. She went on to produce several books of poetry as well.
In this quote she says I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
What a great revelation, from Maya Angelou! What a great people person! I cannot understate the importance of feelings. Feelings are the center of emotions, and emotions are one of the most powerful resources each human possesses. This resource of emotions can be both positive and negative.
The impression you leave on other will dictate your future relationship with an individual, and determine if that is good or bad.
This is the number one thing to remember from this quote
- Even if you do everything else wrong, make them feel good in the process!
Jim Rohn says what’s important in leadership is refining your skills. Learn the 7 qualities of a great leader—then keep working on yourself until you become effective.
One of my favorite authors and speakers of all time is Jim Rohn. I listen to his recordings weekly minimum. I wish I could remember everything the master speaker and mentor said, but unfortunately my memory is not that great.
Jim Rohn said: what’s important in leadership is refining your skills. I know from experience that this refining process is lifelong. It’s a journey that starts with our birth, it ends with our death. Jim said there are seven qualities of a great leader that we should be working on until we become effective. I researched these for you.
- Learn to be strong but not rude. It is an extra step you must take to become a powerful, capable leader with a wide range of reach. Some people mistake rudeness for strength. It’s not even a good substitute.
- Learn to be kind but not weak. We must not mistake kindness for weakness. Kindness isn’t weak. Kindness is a certain type of strength. We must be kind enough to tell somebody the truth. We must be kind enough and considerate enough to lay it on the line. We must be kind enough to tell it like it is and not deal in delusion.
- Learn to be bold but not a bully. It takes boldness to win the day. To build your influence, you’ve got to walk in front of your group. You’ve got to be willing to take the first arrow, tackle the first problem, discover the first sign of trouble.
- You’ve got to learn to be humble but not timid. You can’t get to the high life by being timid. Some people mistake timidity for humility. Humility is almost a God-like word. A sense of awe. A sense of wonder. An awareness of the human soul and spirit. An understanding that there is something unique about the human drama versus the rest of life. Humility is a grasp of the distance between us and the stars, yet having the feeling that we’re part of the stars. So, humility is a virtue, but timidity is a disease. Timidity is an affliction. It can be cured, but it is a problem.
- Be proud but not arrogant. It takes pride to win the day. It takes pride to build your ambition. It takes pride in community. It takes pride in cause, in accomplishment. But the key to becoming a good leader is being proud without being arrogant. In fact, I believe the worst kind of arrogance is arrogance from ignorance. It’s when you don’t know that you don’t know. Now that kind of arrogance is intolerable. If someone is smart and arrogant, we can tolerate that. But if someone is ignorant and arrogant, that’s just too much to take.
- Develop humor without folly. That’s important for a leader. In leadership, we learn that it’s okay to be witty, but not silly. It’s okay to be fun, but not foolish.
- Deal in realities. Deal in truth. Save yourself the agony. Just accept life like it is. Life is unique. Some people call it tragic, but I’d like to think it’s unique. The whole drama of life is unique. It’s fascinating.
Today I hope you have enjoyed, and receive value, from these four special leadership quotes, from four of history’s outstanding leaders.
PS… 3 Min Expert Cart Re-Opens til Sun!
YOU asked us to re-open 3MIN EXPERT – WE LISTENED!
4 Top Leaders Inspiring Quotes